Recently, unnecessary complexity has been increasingly cited as a key business challenge.1
Organizations can achieve improved productivity and synergy through implementing strategies focused on simplicity. While many managers may insist they lack the time to address it, a new article provides ideas for leaders to tackle their organization’s complexity problems “in their own areas, at their own pace, in their own ways.”
These ideas include:
- Analyze and eliminate time wasters.
- “Declutter” your systems.
- Focus on the needs of your customers and implement strategies that will allow you to connect with them more effectively.
- Continually reassess priorities.
- Maximize efficiency by eliminating excess steps in work tasks.
- Reduce levels of management and micromanaging others.
- And the last and most important step – repeat the above steps frequently!